The rules for posting match play scores are listed below. Two other items:
1. Email the results of your matches to me by replying to emails such as this.
2. You may play your matches during a Tuesday or weekend tournament. For example, Tuesday June 4 is a Field Day, and both individual and two-man matches may be played. Let me know if you want to do that so I can set up the pairing appropriately.
For the Two-Day Jackson Classic, matches may be played on the first day. Play is from the Blue tees, so all contestants must be willing to play from the Blues, unless they all qualify to play from the White tees. This is one of the few cases where matches meant to be played from the White tees may be played on the Blue tees, if all contestants agree. The same holds true for the Summer Field Day on July 13.
3. Match play tournament score posting
Match play tournament scores should be posted as Tournament scores by each player.
"A tournament score is a score made in a competition organized and conducted by a Committee in charge of the competition. The competition must identify a winner(s) based on a stipulated round(s), and must be played under the Rules of Golf. The competition can be match play or stroke play.” (USGA Handicap System Manual 5-2e)
When posting, adjust hole scores as follows:
· For holes started, but not completed (because of giving up or conceded strokes), record the most likely score. Defined as “the number of strokes already taken plus, in the player’s best judgment, the number of strokes the player would take to complete the hole from that position more than half the time. This number may not exceed the player’s Equitable Stroke Control limit.” (Handicap System Manual 4-1)
· For holes not played because the match ended already, “the score recorded for that hole for handicap purposes must be par plus any handicap strokes the player is entitled to receive on that hole.” (Handicap System Manual 4-2).
· For holes played after the match ended, “post the actual scores on the post-match holes.” (Handicap System Manual decision 5-2a/7)
· For matches that end early and less than 13 total holes are played, please consult the Handicap Committee.