Jackson Park Men’s Golf Club’s General Guidelines for Tournaments
The Club uses these guidelines to run its golf tournaments. The guidelines may vary with the number of tournament sign-ups and the Club’s financial status. They are intended to promote equal distribution of prize money across the handicap range of competitors and to reward competitors who play to their established handicap.
Current tournament fees are $60: $40 for greens fees and $20 for prize money. All tournament greens fees count toward Premier points.
For stroke play tournaments:
- Minimum of two divisions
- The number of net payouts is given preference over gross
- KPs may be part of honeypot competitions but not part of the main tournament
- For regular tournaments, goal is approximately $100 for first places
- For Field Days, goal is approximately $120 for low gross and net of field
- For Two-Day Tournament, goal is approximately $200 for low gross and net of field
As membership and tournament turnout increase, the following percentages increase:
- Annual average Club Share of payouts is 30% — less for regular tournaments and more for Field Days and Two-Day Tournament
- Payouts to approximately 40% of contestants over the course of the year
For match play Club Championships:
- Payouts for match play Club Championships depends on number of entries
- Averaging payouts to 20% – 40% of field in Scratch and Team Championships
- Goal is for individual Champions to receive about $200, team Champions about $150
- Club Share of payouts depends on turnout and membership size: about $150 is this year’s goal for each tournament
New this year:
- Payouts to top 32 contestants in Net Championship
The Trustees welcome your comments and suggestions.